Staying at Om Shree Dham
Om Shree Dham is a Retreat and Healing Centre and a Homa organic farm and Education centre for Homa Therapy nestled in a beautiful valley in the Hunter region of NSW. Its foundational practice is Homa Therapy an ancient Vedic science for healing the environment and all that lives therein.
The main practice is Agnihotra, a process involving a pyramid Fire with Sanskrit resonance at the exact moment of sunrise and sunset. This simple practice brings a flood of vitality, fragrance and nutrients into the atmosphere. See www.agnihotra.com.au
It is this peaceful vital atmosphere that provides a perfect space for learning about Homa Therapy, healing in Homa atmosphere and growing healthy organic vegetarian food.
Accommodation, both caravan or self-contained flat, is available for those who would like to partake in Homa lifestyle, learning and healing in this transformational biosphere.
BYO tent / campervan – $15 per night. Extra person – $10
Caravan provided – $25 per night. Extra person – $12.50 (max 2 people)
Caravan with kitchen/Annex – $65 per night. Extra person – $20 (max 2 people) Currently unavailable due to renovation
Flat with kitchen and bathroom – $85 per night. Extra person – $25 (max 3 people)
Option 1) All food provided for $35.00 per day per person – We provide a communal lunch. You prepare your own breakfast and dinner with raw ingredients that we provide. The food is mostly organic and totally vegetarian. Dairy is provided. Regarding special non- dairy milk or gluten-free bread requirements, please bring your own.
Option 2) Lunch provided for $15.00 per day per person – We provide a communal lunch. The food is mostly organic and totally vegetarian. Dairy is provided. Regarding special non-dairy milk or gluten-free bread requirements, please bring your own. For Breakfast and dinner: You bring vegetarian ingredients for and prepare your own breakfast and dinner.
1) Sitting daily for sunrise and sunset Agnihotra
2) Regarding menstruation and Homa. When a woman is menstruating she is not able to sit for any of the healing Fires- Homas for energetic reasons. For this reason we ask that women plan their visit and stay accordingly. For more information please contact us.
3) Some help on the farm, Seva, is expected as service. Also working in nature is a way to integrate the high transformational energies of the Homa biosphere at Om Shree Dham.
4) We practice harmlessness here therefore no killing of insects, etc. Only vegetarian food is allowed on the land. Dairy is OK but no eggs, fish or meat.
5) For energetic reasons Om Shree Dham is an alcohol/cigarette/drug free zone. (If you are a smoker you can smoke outside the boundaries of the property.)